This is one of those products that I couldn’t NOT do a post on. I’m sounding the alarm – Agave Healing Oil Treatment has changed my life. Okay, so I’m exaggerating a tad…after all it is just oil but I’m trying to match the scale of the dramatic difference this product has made in the texture and quality of my hair. I was lucky enough to sample this product in my Birchbox (you need it – details to sign up below) and I bought it immediately after sampling. Best yet, it was free! Gotta love Birchbox points.
The packaging is lovely and I’m pretty much loving anything that comes in a luxe glass bottle dispensed by a pipette (allusion to future Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate post) but the magic truly is inside the bottle. A 2 oz bottle costs $24 and I can guarantee it will last you a long time. For the past few weeks the routine has been:
1) Wash hair with clarifying shampoo and let conditioner sit through shower before rinsing out
2) Use It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product before brushing out and creating part
3) Apply volumizing mousse to roots and work out to ends
4) Rough blow dry my hair to about 80% dry
5) Take about 2 drops of the Agave Healing Oil Treatment into my palm and work through my ends and move up using sparingly at my roots to tame flyaways
6) Blow dry with round brush and finish with a light spritz of glossing spray.
Not only does it help with styling, but it’s really improved the health and sheen of my dry, over-dyed hair. Did I mention it smells great? Get it in the Birchbox shop here and if you don’t have Birchbox yet, it’s a service that offers deluxe beauty and lifestyle samples delivered to your door. I was able to get the hair oil, my favorite Benefit They’re Real mascara and my It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product for free by using Birchbox points that I accumulated by reviewing products that I received in my box. Sign up here for just $10 a month.